Thursday, April 13, 2006

Spring has Sprung.


Love Spring. Love it.
I love any tree that is flowering. Bare feet in the grass. Opening windows. Cleaning the dregs of winter out of the house. Warm breezes blowing through the curtains and fistfulls of daffodils being brought into the kitchen every hour or so ... " for yoooo Mom, ". It doesn't get better than this.


Spring couldn't be here at a better time. I've recently walked with some friends through some significant losses. Most days I don't feel very connected to their greif or mine. It comes out in other ways ... grouchy cabin feverish trudging around the house, wishing someone else would pickup the slack. Yes, it is a great time for Spring this year.

All winter here in our neighborhood, we hunker down indoors. After so much isolation I begin to forget about our neighbors. But here we all are again, opening windows and doors, sitting on porches, cutting grass and weeding ... it is a time ripe for connection and conversaton. A great time to ask God what He is up to and how I can join in. Hopefully, He will not ask me to do something Odd like get to know them better or let them know me.

I know our neighbors are struggling through life just the same way I do. Anxiety, fear, addictions, depression .. God, let this season be full of Your presence in all of our lives. If there is somthing You want me to say or do, please speak clearly and slowly, because it takes me a long time to catch on. Spring couldn't be here at a better time.